A nice semester is coming

I just talked with my dear Bin at the lounge room. It's always a good experience to talk to her. She shared with me about her life and family news. And most importantly, we talked about research and the plan that we come back.

As she pointed out, I was more engineering trained guy and always want to know where is the goal and what's the performance. This might not be a good way to do research in science. Because curiosity is more important in science, and you are wonder about the things and understanding  behind the phenomena, but not suffer from the process, and too eager to get the result which can be publishable.

I admit that during my three years in Zhu's group, I am more affected by several people to be just benefit driven, without the patience to enjoy the process of exploring. Now, i should find the things and topics that I love and try to do my own on it.

I still have some chance, so I want to do my own project and accumulate my own experience and then go onto my own way.




没有评论:

发表评论